It is a disaster. No matter what we do, the leaks and the cracks are appearing faster than we are fixing it. It is a global pandemic.
I am not talking about COVID-19, the pandemic that has affected our lives and livelihood for over a year. I am talking about the other pandemic – the compromise of security of data.
In the past 6 months, the data leaks, the security hacks, the ransomware scourge have been more devastating than ever. Here are a few big ones that happened on a global scale:
- [ Thru 2020 ] Solarwinds Supply Chain Hack (aka Sunburst)
- [ March 2021 ] Microsoft® Exchange Hack
- [ March 2021 ] Acer® Ransomware Attack
- [ April 2021 ] Asteelflash Electronics Ransomware Attack
Closer to home, here in South East Asia, we have
- [ March 2021 ] Malaysia Airlines Data Breach
- [ March 2021 ] Singapore Airlines Data Security Breach