[Disclosure: I am invited by GestaltIT as a delegate to their Storage Field Day 19 event from Jan 22-24, 2020 in the Silicon Valley USA. My expenses, travel, accommodation and conference fees will be covered by GestaltIT, the organizer and I am not obligated to blog or promote the vendors’ technologies to be presented at this event. The content of this blog is of my own opinions and views]
This is NOT an advertisement for coloured balls.
This is the license to brag for the vendors in the next 2 weeks or so, as we approach the 2020 new year. This, of course, is the latest 2019 IDC Marketscape for Object-based Storage, released last week.
My object storage mentions
I have written extensively about Object Storage since 2011. With different angles and perspectives, here are some of them:
- The Future is Intelligent Objects (2011)
- What should be Cloud Storage? (2011)
- APIs that stick in Storage (2012)
- Has Object Storage become the Everything Store? (2013)
- Of Object Storage, Filesystems and Multicloud (2017)
- My Dilemma of Stateful Storage Marriage (2018)
- The Malaysian Openstack Storage Conundrum (2018)
- Sleepless in Malaysia with Object Storage (2019)
- The Waning Light of Openstack Swift (2019)